Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Talent Nite 2011 and a few August thoughts!

Its almost August and its time for the much awaited T-Nite already! The Talent Nite or rather four full nights of cultural events have given the students and the spouses a chance to awaken their deep seated hidden talents in a range of activities. From walking on the ramp, moving the two left feet to stepping into the shoes of Kishoreji and Lataji or just reminiscing Pablo Picasso, T-Nite promises to bring the best out of the PGPX community.

The countdown to the T-Nite events is evident with a sudden influx of emails in my rather sleepy inbox. The enthusiastic wives can be spotted running around with babies, laptops and audio speakers. Lots of spirited students are often found lost into discussions as to how they can possibly squeeze a few precious minutes for a practice session. 

The T-Nite kick off event is on the 4th of August and it will be fun to watch the thirty-something dads and moms in a back to school mode. 

Back to School reminds me of my time at boarding school in Dehra Dun. At one point, it was impossible to imagine life outside Welham. The unending promises of never loosing touch, seem to have faded away into the distant past and the girls I spent my growing up years with have been replaced by the realities of today. Having graduated from school in 2001, our batch is celebrating our 10th year reunion in October this year and I can't help repeating the cliche 'how time flies'. The promises may have faded but the memories still remain fresh as I turn another year older in August. R often tells me that I have never grown out of my days at Welham and I always tell him 'I never can!'

The little children on campus take me back to my blissful days spent at Welham. Hopefully they, like me will take with them fond memories of growing up in a playground called IIM Ahmedabad. 

This August also brings with it the release of Amish Tripathi's second book in the Shiva Trilogy - 'The Secret of the Nagas'. After the unputdownable 'Immortals of Meluha', I hope the second book lives up to the expectations. Can't wait to grab my copy!



No comments: